April 22, 2021 in the framework of the project “Support to the public initiative” For fair and transparent customs “, implemented by the NGO” Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting “(IER) with the support of the European Union, IF” Renaissance “and ATLAS Network in cooperation with State Customs The EU Service and the Public Financial Management Support Program in Ukraine (EU4PFM) held a distance seminar for participants and partners of the Public Initiative “For Fair and Transparent Customs” on the introduction of a common transit regime in Ukraine. Application of NCTS.
The participants heard welcoming words from the Head of the Project “Support of the Public Initiative” For Fair and Transparent Customs “, the Executive Director of the IER – Oksana KUZIAKIV, and the Director of the Department of International Transit System of the State Customs Service – Serhiy DEMCHENKO.
The following issues were covered during the event:
• General information on Ukraine’s accession to the Convention on the Procedure for Joint Transit and Implementation of the NCTS;
• How does the common transit system work for the parties to the Convention (and how will it work for Ukrainian traders after Ukraine’s accession to the Convention)? How will this system work in the period after its introduction on the entire territory of Ukraine, but before accession to the International Convention?
• Features of the joint transit regime: mandatory guarantee and sealing of all movements;
• Stages of NCTS implementation in Ukraine. Features of the coexistence of the current National Transit Control System and NCTS and the transition to NCTS. EE and T1UA declarations;
• Simplification for NCTS users;
• Legislative support of NCTS: overview;
• Sources of information on NCTS implementation.
The participants also had the opportunity to pre-formulate the questions they were interested in and ask them directly during the seminar to EU4PFM expert Konstantin Bilchuk and the National Coordinator for Joint Transit, Head of the Special Transit Simplification Department of the International Transit System Alina Brenadak. All questions were answered comprehensively and professionally.
The seminar was attended by about 156 participants (51% women, 49% men) from 14 regions of Ukraine (Chernihiv, Chernivtsi, Dnipropetrovsk, Kyiv, Zhytomyr, Volyn, Luhansk, Poltava, Lviv, Mykolaiv, Odesa, Sumy, Rivne, Zaporizhia) and Kyiv.
Among the participants of the event were representatives of enterprises engaged in foreign economic activity, public organizations and business associations, representatives of government agencies and universities.
Speaker presentations https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1RRM61sItk5nFaujdJE-7xDwXhLpjhvC7