On May 31, 2021, at the initiative of the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting and the Public Initiative “For Fair and Transparent Customs”, a round table was held on “Do business associations need additional legislation?”.
The discussion is based on the results of a relevant online survey conducted in March-April 2021 under the project “Support to the Public Initiative” For Fair and Transparent Customs”.
The round table was attended by about 40 representatives of NGOs, business associations and technical assistance projects.
Participants discussed the existing problems and prospects of business associations in Ukraine, the feasibility of updating existing legislation in this area, as well as current trends in the development of business associations in Ukraine.
- issues of membership and financing of business associations;
- representativeness (or so-called certification) of business associations;
- self-organization (self-regulation) and transparency of activities;
- the need for a legislative definition of the concept of cluster;
- whether it is necessary to formalize the state’s relations with business associations (lobbying);
- creation of a manual on the work of business associations;
- regulation of the activity of business councils at local authorities
- other issues.
Moderator: Lubomyr CHORNIY, Head of the Favorable Business Climate of the USAID «Competitive Economy of Ukraine» Program
Welcome speech: Oksana KUZIAKIV, Project Team Leader, Executive Director of the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting
Presentation of the results of the online survey “Do business associations need additional legislative regulation of their activities?”: Andriy Butin, project expert, senior researcher at the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting»
Speakers of the event:
Oleksandr BORODYNYA, President of the Ukrshkirvzuttyaprom League;
Kateryna GLAZKOVA, Executive Director of the Union of Ukrainian Entrepreneurs;
Yuriy PEROGANYCH, Association of Information Technology Enterprises of Ukraine;
Oleksandr ANDREYEV, GS “Association of Ukrainian Paint Manufacturers”;
Vladlen SISUN, UNDP Project Coordinator, Strengthening Business Associations of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
An interesting and useful exchange of views on topical issues of business association development in Ukraine was held.