according to the results of the VII wave of Ukrainian exporters and importers annual survey
On February 20, 2023, the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (IER) held a public online presentation of the results of the Seventh Annual Survey of enterprises participating in FEA “ Trade facilitation in Ukraine 2022: Customs procedures, problems, and business expectations during wartime”.
In October-November 2022, the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (IER) within the project “Support of the Public Initiative “For Fair and Transparent Customs” conducted a special survey of enterprises participating in FEA “Simplification of trade procedures – 2022,” during which 366 enterprises participating in FEA in most regions of Ukraine were interviewed.
The survey aims to study the assessment of the efficiency of customs work under martial law in Ukraine, identify the problems faced by businesses, and prepare relevant recommendations. The survey results will make it possible to assess the changes taking place at customs and affecting business in the conditions of Russian armed aggression against Ukraine.
This survey is a continuation of the traditional annual survey “Simplification of Trade Procedures in Ukraine: Business Assessments and Expectations,” which IER has been conducting since 2015.
The main issues that were presented:
– Perception index of customs work
– Customs work problems according to business estimates
– Estimates of individual aspects of customs
– Customs reforms: assessment and expected measures
– “Grey imports”: prevalence
– Sources on the regulation of foreign economic activity (FEA)
– Digitization of the export support infrastructure and public services (on the example of the Diya.Business portal assessment)
Representatives of state authorities, business, business-industry associations, chambers of commerce, academic community and civil society took part in the event.
- Oleksandr Moskalenko, Director of the Customs Policy Department at the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine
- Alina Brendak, Deputy Director of the Department – Head of the International Transit System Development Department of the Department for the Implementation of the International Transit System of the State Customs Service of Ukraine
- Roman Waschuk, Business Ombudsman
- Oksana Kuziakiv, Project Manager, Executive Director at IER
- Yevhen Anhel, a senior research fellow at IER
- Iryna Fedets, a senior research fellow at IER
Event moderator: Oksana Kuziakiv, Project Manager, Executive Director at IER
Event record https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw8ej0CUEvs
The event is held within the project “Support for the Public Initiative “For Fair and Transparent Customs,” which is implemented by the IER with the assistance of the European Union, International Renaissance Foundation, and ATLAS Network.